Monday, August 26, 2013

My Experience: Justin Timberlake & Jay Z LEGENDS of the Summer Tour!!!

All I have to say is WOW.

I have been sorting out the media for this blog post this past week, but I am just now beginning to write this late Sunday night following the MTV VMAs....and if you watched that then I'm sure we are on the same page regarding JT. (maybe not so much the other stuff bc we all know that was a lot to take in for one night...)

But.......back to the best. I'm sorry but can we all just admire how TRULY RIDICULOUS CRAZY AMAZING WONDERFUL SEXY and TALENTED Justin is. I mean, honestly, he is everything. He can sing (on point as he does on the radio, which, not many artists can do now), dance, and act. Like, Jessica Biel, gurl, spread the wealth and shareeeee him. kthx :)

But truly, Justin Timberlake has been one of my favorite artists of ALL time, not to mention N*SYNC (who were also incredible although they didn't do the signature bye bye bye move... #disappointing), and after Mirrors came out I was all in. Now, I know some of you might say, "Monica, what about Suit & Tie?" Well, to be completely honest, that isn't my favorite. It's okay, but I just don't feel like it completely showcases his talent as it should be....but Mirrors.....I...I just .....I simply cannot...it's too much. Truly, I believe it is one of the best songs to come out in a while, and certainly in my Top 5 Songs of ALL TIME.

And can I just take the time to say that he totally and completely deserved the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award AND the Video of the Year Award. He is just such a true artist and I really appreciate that he takes his time to create the best for the industry. That is why he is the President of Pop, because he contributes to the art, and because he shares his love of music with those who can take it for what it is // take note Miley.

ps. his performance last night was basically him on his summer tour, minus Jay-Z.

SO......originally I wasn't sure where I would be (at home or back at school) for the #LOTS tour so I didn't buy a ticket, regretfully. Then I saw Justin's tour dates for his 20/20 Experience Tour and saw that none of the dates matched up with my holidays :(. So I managed to somehow get tickets for the last show in Miami with Jay-Z, which was great! I was really looking forward to seeing yet another artist live! (And this was before I even knew Rick Ross and Timbaland would be surprise guests!)

Getting ready for the concert, I had to consider that it was at an outdoor venue. All of the concerts I have attended previously were indoor and kept it quite cool. However, having this on an August evening in Florida would prove a much different environment.

So, to keep it cool and comfortable, I wore high waisted shorts from Free People, a crop top from Urban Outfitters, and a plaid flannel from Urban Outfitters in case of mosquitoes and just in case it got a little windy by our seats. Here is a picture of me at the concert :)


Additionally, I kept it quite low-key with the makeup look. Below I have pictured the skincare products I had been using as well as the makeup I used to achieve the look I was going for. 

Let me know if you want me to review any of these products in the comments below!
Not pictured: I also used my Real Techniques expert face brush and Maybelline concealer but didn't include them because I wanted to add products I have not featured before. :)

I will say that I was quite disappointed that the concert didn't start on time....or anywhere near. The show was originally for 8pm, however didn't start until around 9:45! My brother said he heard them announce that they waited to get at least 10,000 people in the stadium because there was some reason no one was there on time....... awk. And I know that was the right time because he was supposed to go to the Fillmore on Miami Beach a private aftershow at 11:30 so.....I wonder what time that was pushed back until....ha considering we finished around midnight lol :) Thanks for taking your time JT & Jay-Z!


Anyway, before the show started (it was dark at this point) we saw a bunch of cameras flashing  and a large group of people huddled together by one of the VIP sections on the field and obviously were curious about who it was. Not wanting to waste my phone battery and check twitter, I just sat and wondered. It was not until yesterday that I found out it was JC, Chris, and Joey of N*SYNC! ughhhhhhhhhhh I wish I had known. So that was pretty cool. And apparently, because they came out to Justin's last #LOTS show, they had spoken of the VMAs and his award and this could have been where they made the decision to reunite! 

Later, once the show started, it was really exciting! I wasn't sure how I was going to like Jay-Z, because, although I am a fan of some of his songs, I just wasn't sure of how a rapper would perform during a live show. But, it was Jay-Z hahaha, so my doubts went away within the first song :)


I'll just post the videos and pics I took below, and let them do the talking :)
























I think this was during Suit & Tie, which I was unfortunately unable to record bc my phone had no more space for video :(
And this was during Young Forever which was dedicated to Trayvon Martin.
So, all in all, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND seeing either of these artists live if you have the chance. The atmosphere was really cool, and at one point, Jay-Z even told the security to just let everyone move up and fill the space between the sections so it felt like more of a club. I will say that it wasn't so much a kid-friendly environment as Justin Bieber or T-Swift, or even Bruno Mars for that matter. There was a real difference in the audience for this show because they were kind of there just for a good time rather than worshiping and screaming for their idol like the previous shows I have attended. Also, I feel asthough JT and Jay-Z weren't as personable in comparison to Bruno Mars, but that may just be the way BM rolls... at #LOTS they talked to the crowd some...just not as much. Hahaha I did enjoy Justin's dancing too! And he also played the piano and guitar, which I always like because it shows versatility. But, truly, you can identify a true artist when you see one, and these guys are the real deal. That's why their careers are flourishing as they are, and their fan bases are as strong and getting stronger. These 2 brought an awesome mix of swag and talent and I was glad that I was able to be a part of it all :) 

I'll always remember seeing the L E G E N D S of the Summer 

xx Monica


No comments:

Post a Comment