Monday, April 7, 2014

MUSIC MONDAY 4.7.14

Hello everyone!

This weekend Matt & Kim came to my campus to perform and of course I was there! It was incredible! One of my friends said that her brother had seen them before and was raving about their energy, but nothing could have prepared me for that show. They were electric, eye-catching, and the sight of pure enjoyment on stage. I posted a short clip on my instagram if you want to check that out! (@mmendoza27) ps- I would have filmed more but my phone was out of space :((

Anyway, here are my picks this week. I looked into RAC a bit more, highlight some Matt & Kim, and reflect on Ed Sheeran's brand new single "Sing."

Enjoy :)




I saved the best for last! Okay, so earlier today, I saw Jack Harries (@JacksGap) tweet that he would be hosting a live Q&A session with Ed Sheeran at the Google HQ in central London. Lucky for me, my boss let me off work 30 minutes early so I was able to catch the live stream just in time! He was releasing his BRAND NEW single "Sing" off his new album Multiply. Not only was he extremely engaged in all of the twitter questions, but he was so friendly and nice to everyone in the studio. I know this sounds like it should be a given, but oftentimes it isn't. Sheeran even commented on this when asked about any advice he had for aspiring musicians:

"Always be nice to people because that is how the music industry works now. It doesn't work on who's the best. It works on who's got the best music and who's the nicest....Be nice. Write songs. Do gigs," said Sheeran

I've attached the live Q&A session below for those of you who want to hear more from Ed Sheeran himself!


But now, let's talk about the single. I first heard this and thought to myself, "Okay, amazing as usual." Oh how wrong I was! This is not any typical Ed Sheeran track. His new sound is MY NEW OBSESSION and I cannot wait to hear more! He talked in the session above about working with producers such as Pharrell, which you know...might have something to do with it. He's okay I guess. A few radio hits here and there I suppose.......... . . . . . . .. ..... .. . . . . Incredible. YOU WILL LOVE IT

Listen for yourself:


What are you loving this week?! Let me know in the comments below!

xx Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment